Sunday, August 2, 2009

ONE YEAR!

One year ago today Skyler and I were married for time and all eternity in Oakland, California. It's crazy how fast time has gone by and even crazier that in a few months our family will turn to 3! To celebrate our anniversary we decided to head down to Chicago for a little weekend getaway. I decided that I was going to relax all weekend and not worry a bit at all about how expensive everything is [there is a 11% tax on all food in the city!] First place we hit in the city was a Brazilian Steakhouse, Texas De Brazil. Skyler has wanted to go somewhere like this since he got home off his mission and we haven't been able to find one. The place is CRAZY, it's about 50 bucks a plate and you get unlimited everything. Servers walk around with all kinds of different meats, and if you want the particular meat they have you just ask for it. We STUFFED ourselves, we had everything from bacon wrapped tri-tip to a very unique Brazilian beef. They had very traditional dishes that skyler was DYING over, he loved the "banana frita" and had a flood of memories come to him after drinking the "guarana". It was so much fun to see him so excited, and it was definently worth the big bill! After completely stuffing ourselves we went back to the hotel for the night. The next morning was our actual anniversary, I left hearts all over the room saying different things I love about Skyler and he took the "gift for both of us route" with a little bag from Victoria's secret. We then headed back out to the city to see all the sites. We went to the famous Chicago theater, the magnificent mile, and much more. When I felt like my legs were ready to collapse we decided to head home. On the drive home we passed a "white castle" and had to go. We had always heard about the famous white castle sliders but had never tried them, they did not disappoint! Driving back Skyler and I laughed over many memories we have from this year and I think we are going to make a memory journal so we never forget all the fun things we have done, and will do through our years together. I wouldn't want anyone else by my side through everything and I can't wait for many MANY more anniversaries with my favorite person in the whole world!

8 comments:

Miss Candy Anderson said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe a year ago we were at your wedding.

BTW

Best wedding ever.

I've never had so much fun at a wedding before.

You Groseclose's sure know how to throw a party!

Lehis said...

Congrats! Our first year, so far, was the hardest!! We have a ways to go, but if you guys are anything like us, it only gets better!! I LOVE Chicago, I'm glad you guys got to hang out and have fun. And it is A-OK to splurge every once and a while. That Brazilian Steak House looked SOOOO good. My mouth was watering reading about it... maybe its a pregnant lady thing. Congrats again! You guys are SOOOO cute!!

Sara said...

Dude, love that you mentioned the Victorias Secret bag. muhahaha. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY YOU TWO. I'm still taking some partial credit for getting you two together. LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! sounds like it was a great celebration!

heidiram said...

Happy Anniversary! And for future reference, if you go to the Texas de Brazil website, you can sign up for their special offers and deals. We always get 50% off for our anniversary and Buy One Get One for birthdays. In the summer, they will run specials for 50% off if you dine on Mondays through Thursdays. We've never paid full price there. I LOVE that place. YUM!

Jenibelle said...

What a fun weekend, I've always wanted to go to Chicago. I am so happy that you are so happy.

Hazen5 said...

Yay for love! I am glad you had such a great first year! I can't wait to see you both in September.

BEN and BRIT said...

Lauren- I've NEVER left a comment on a blog before (this is BEN) but I had to on this one.... I thought you were giving Skyler a NachoLibre "Nipple Squeeze" in one of your photos! I laughed pretty hard at that one! Looks like you guys had a fun time! We'll miss you guys..... But I'm sure we'll be seeing you sooner than later. :)