Our ward has a ghost going around that is haunting everyone. We got BOO'd the other day with a big plate of treats and a note at our door and had to pass on the BOO'ing to 2 of our neighbors. I decided that I was going to attempt
making sugar cookies and they turned out AMAZING. Seriously the recipe I got was the best in the whoooole world. It was a fun little service project to do with friends and Skyler and I haven't minded eating the extras.
Here is the recipe for anyone who is interested...and don't worry they are super healthy.
INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
ICING
- 1 cup powered sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- assorted food coloring

Here is my most recent belly shot at 33 weeks pregnant! I can't promise I will be posting many more because I am starting to feel HUGE! He is still nice and high and all up in my rib cage. I always say I am going to ground him as soon as he is born for kicking me so hard, he seriously has knocked the wind out of me a few times. My most recent craving is salami with cream cheese but I haven't given into it yet, I know when I buy the stuff I will just take one bite and not want it anymore...thats how I am lately.

11 comments:
Those cookies look delicious, and of course very healthy. Lauren, you are so beautiful, and still tiny :)
Yummy! Seriously, those cookies look professionally made. Good job Lo!
You still look adorable.
Carter....be nice to your Mommy!!!
I'm going to try those cookies, you know I don't do rolled cookies well, but I'll try. Yours are cute!!
Carter....be nice to your Mommy!!!
I'm going to try those cookies, you know I don't do rolled cookies well, but I'll try. Yours are cute!!
Nice triple post mom lol.
Mmm cookies!
I know I'm not in your ward, though technically we're "neighbors".... man those cookies look good!
And you are darling as ever. I think Carter has grown since I saw you.
You are looking good!!!! Take care cutie!!!cglobal.net
I want those cookies immediately. Hey.. when you get a second.. will you facebook message me that tortellini soup recipe that you used to make back in the day. I remember it being delicious and am always wanting more soup recipes.
I can say that the cookies not only look delicious, they are delicious. :) It was so good to see you and Skyler and the baby room! I can't wait to meet the lil' guy.
Post a Comment