Tuesday, June 30, 2009

it's a....

Early Sunday morning I woke up with terrible pains in my abdomen, it felt like cramps x 2000000. I tried to just deal with it and figured it would go away, but after about an hour and half in pain Skyler was freaking out. It was very scary for both of us because I have had NO pain at all with this pregnancy and we were scared something was really wrong. Skyler called his mom, who is a nurse, and she told us we needed to go to the ER so at about 6:30 in the morning we checked me into the hospital. The doctor immediately took lots of samples from me and gave my some strong pain medicines. Then took me in for an emergency ultrasound to make sure that this wasn't a miscarriage. As soon as I saw my baby's heart beating on the screen I felt a million times better. I could deal with the pain if I knew the baby was ok. The doctor performed a very very long ultrasound making sure every part of the baby was ok, she measured all its bones and made sure everything was just right for someone who was 17 weeks along. They said my baby was perfect in everything they measured, and then I had to ask if they could tell me what it is. She put the probe right over its privates and asked does that tell you? Honestly I couldn't make out a thing but Skyler quickly spotted a little wiener, and let everyone know real quick. The doctor then confirmed what Skyler thought he saw and told us IT'S A BOY!! We couldn't be more excited, little boys are SO fun and perfect as our first child! Everyone has told me it was a girl since day one, but Skyler and I both had thought that it is a boy. As for what was wrong with me, the doctors said I had a really low white blood cell count and explained what my problem was, I didn't really understand but they gave me a prescription and after 7 hours in the ER I was finally released.

Last night in celebration of our baby boy that is coming we had blue sno cones and jello jigglers! I ordered a cake for Skyler's mom that has a blue inside and white frosting so she wouldn't know what the baby was till she sliced in, very cute! Now all the boy shopping begins, we CAN'T WAIT for our little boy to come!

10 comments:

GO Gray's said...

Yes I had it right!!! The cake thing is so cute. I am so glad that my first was a boy.

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

AHH!! SKYLER JUNIOR!!! Im so excitedddd to see what he looks like!

A&K said...

omg! A boy how amazing! I was way off. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

KaYla said...

arent those skylers pajamas? did they shrink? j.k. I am so happy that you are well, I wish you were here with me in idaho. And I am so exciting for the baby Boy. Ill have to have a blue snoasis tonight.

Anonymous said...

woohoo!!!! :) a little skyman.

Vicki said...

Congratulations--we are sooooooooooooo excited for you! Hope you are feeling better! Love you! :)

Hazen5 said...

I was so excited when you called me! I hope you are feeling better after your ER scare.

Auntie Rachel can't wait to go shopping!

Jenibelle said...

I can't wait to hold and snuggle my little grandson!

Lisa-Marie said...

CONGRATS on baby blue! So so exciting.

I am so glad that all turned out well at the hospital. Yikes.

YOur growing tummy is darling.

Jackie Brown said...

We were so excited to hear that another boy is joining the family! Like the Evans family doesn't have enough boys already! he he Amy showed us a picture of her eating the blue cake - - she was sooo excited! Congratulations you two!