Rexburg is now COVERED in snow and it feels like Christmas. Skyler and I decorated the house for Christmas and i am just lovin it. Christmas is just my favorite season.
However getting the house decorated for Christmas was NOT as easy as i thought it would be. First bump in the road, a Christmas tree. I have NEVER in my life had a fake tree, our family LOVES the smell of a real tree and take the trip every year to get one. One year we had a tree that was 18 feet tall i believe? [We had to tie it to the side of our wall so it would not fall over] I have always expected a real tree. Well this year Skyler and i are leaving for 2 weeks to spend Christmas with our families. Besides the fire danger he thought that a real tree would die after all that time. Skyler conveniently WON a fake tree at work and so i settled, but i'm still very sad about the fake. I think i need to buy a Christmas tree scented candle.
Another dilemma was finding a star for the top of our tree. I have always told my mom that when i have my own house i will put a star on the top of the tree, because for so many years my mom put up the same ugly 70's angel. This was not as easy as i thought, Skyler and i circled porter's [the local craft store] a million times and through Christmas display After Christmas display we could not find ONE star to top our Christmas tree, so Skyler made his own...
Even though decorating the house isn't as easy as i had thought, i am so excited to start my Christmas decoration collection. Skyler and i made a "let it snow" sign to always remember our first Christmas together by and i can't wait for many, MANY more!!
House Projects of 2019
6 years ago

7 comments:
Oh, darlin. If you think Rexburg is COVERED in snow now.... You're in for a world of hurt coming soon! Though you've been through Rexburg winters. You KNOW!
Have a great holiday vacation. Please give your mom a big hug for me.
And your house looks great! Way to go on the star Skyler!
So cute!! I am so proud of you! I wish I was there to buy more stuff for your cute little home!!!
A fake tree? IM SHOCKED.
Oh man....gotta love THAT star!
oooo i love the star! and the let it snow sign!
I'll tell you what will NOT be covered in snow.... HAWAII... with me in it
One day you are going to look back on that post and just laugh! You guys are so cute it kills me. Can you please squeeze in a few days to visit So. Ca?? PLEASE!!!
Post a Comment