Wednesday, January 18, 2012

where has my baby gone?! and other exciting things!

My baby boy isn't a baby anymore (even though he will ALWAYS be my baby)! He has gotten so big and ever since he turned 2 he thinks he has to start doing everything like a big boy. When he is hungry he sits at the table and patiently waits for his mama to make him food. He brushes his own hair and teeth. He helps me do all the chores around the house. His favorites are laundry, dishes and sweeping/mopping. He sits in his room and just plays. Plays like a big boy, he drives his cars and makes car noises, he plays with his trains and says chooo chooooo! He sits and reads his books, and when I read to him he spends the whole time pointing at the pictures and telling me what everything is, "mama, BACKPACK! and mama CARS! and mama I luuuuuuuuh you." He is starting to make little sentences like, "oh no mama, I'M STUCK" anytime he wants out of his car seat, or "stacky stacky blocks mama". Sometimes I just watch him and wonder where my baby went, he is such a big boy. I am so overwhelmed with love for this little boy that my heart could just burst. Being a mommy is the BEST most rewarding thing on this earth.

Speaking of babies growing up to fast, my Ellie is seriously trying to catch up to her brother waaay too fast!! She is 4 1/2 months old and I can not believe how fast she has grown! Her 4 month appointment was at the beginning of this month. Here are her stats:
Height: 25 1/4 inches (80%)
Weight: 12 lbs. 7 oz. (20%)She eats rice cereal every night before bed and unlike her brother, she LOVES it. She seriously can't get enough. The second you take the spoon out of her mouth to grab more cereal she freaks, it's pure comedy. My Ellie reminds me a lot of her big brother at this age, she is SO happy and everything makes her laugh. She loves her mama the best. I am the only person she will chill with, anyone else has to be walking and holding her a certain way (such a little diva). She rolls over the minute you put her on the ground and is very entertained by all of her toys. She sits up for about a minute at a time and has the most edible cheeks I have ever seen. We love our little girl and she has been the most perfect addition to our family that I could ever imagine.
and since this blog seems never-ending I will keep on going! WE MOVED!!! Well we moved to California the end of November but we were staying at my parents house till we found a place, and we finally found one. It is perfect for us right now. We love it. It's only a few years old, brand new hardwood floors throughout the house. Beautiful granite counter tops, and cute fireplace, a nice backyard, its just what we wanted!! We are leasing for a year while we explore the Elk Grove area and then we will decide where exactly we want to buy! We had to buy a fridge and a washer and dryer, and now we are feeling like adults, haha! I will post pictures of our place once we finish unpacking a decorating...which may take a while. Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Jenibelle said...

Those pictures of Carter are priceless!! We are so happy for this new chapter in your lives. Even happier that you don't live too far!!!

Cassie Marion said...

I just love reading your blogs!! Let me know where you are located :) I want to come visit & meet your adorable kids. I love all the pictures! You look so happy & I'm happy for you. Text me 925-783-9689. Love you girl!!!